Makes approx 3.5 dozen macaroons
1 c. evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
12 oz chocolate chips
4 c. Corn Flakes
3 c. coconut flakes
1 c. roughly chopped nuts (optional. I use walnuts)
- Pour chocolate chips (12 oz) in large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn flakes (4 c.), coconut (3 c.), and nuts (1 c.). Set aside.
- Prepare 2 half pan cookie sheets, lined with parchment paper or non-stick silicone mat.
- In a sauce pan (at least 1.5 quart), combine evaporated milk (1 c.) , sugar (1.5 c.) and butter (4 Tbsp).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil and surface of mixture is bubbly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Add vanilla, and stir until melted.
- Gently fold corn flake mixture into chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. I use a 1.5 Tbsp cookie scoop. Press top of each scoop down, forming a solid macaroon that will not fall apart when eaten.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.