Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
Recipe from Watching What I Eat
- 1 1/2 cups oats, old fashioned ~ uncooked
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork until creamy
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup raisins or cranberries, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more, to taste)
Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix vanilla extract & cinnamon into the applesauce.
Blend applesauce mixture with all other ingredients & let sit for 10 minutes
Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into rounds.
Bake approx. 20 – 30 minutes, or until golden & done.
Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
Store in a covered container when completely cool, or wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in fridge for a grab-and-go snack.